07 September 2008

Sushi Rolling


This is the statue of General Kim on the top of a hill over in the park near my place. Today was the first time I'd ever gone up the hill to see it, though it is lighted at night; I've seen it from afar before. I have a video, but haven't done any work to process it into anything yet.
Went looking to buy a new motorcycle helmet, but the shop is closed on Sundays apparently. There might be other shops, but advertising isn't really a Korean thing. You do see advertising, but not how you think it would (should) be. I'll check the motorcycle shop out tomorrow. I don't work Mondays... though I need to do some lesson prep. After meeting my students last week, I'm discouraged and need to alter my lesson some. Last spring when the semester ended, my students and I had a nice rapport, but now, only a few of this batch are my students from spring semester (freshmen take two semesters of English). They and I had a good time this past week, but the others who don't know me just sat there like dullards.
Had lunch at a 'kimbap' restaurant. (Kimbap is what they call a "sushi roll" back in the States, 'makizushi' in Japan. In Korea, sushi rolls usually don't have any fish in them unless you ask for it.) Anyway, I will eat kimbap if I'm dying of hunger, but that rarely happens, so today I ate spicy pork and rice instead. Good stuff.
It was a nice day out on my bicycle. Rode along the river mostly.

No comments: