03 September 2008

Armature

You can see here that I have made my first claymation armature! I followed what some guy did on YouTube, though I didn't have all the same stuff he had. I told the guy at the hardware store I needed wire to make a puppet. He just stared at me. I thought I had the wrong word for puppet, so I just repeated the Korean word for wire. He grunted and walked down the aisle and stuck his thumb out at the rolls of wire as he walked past them back to some crap he had apparently been sorting before I interrupted his day. I needed a vise, too, and lo! he had a nice little one just perfect for making armatures!
I have clay, but probably not enough for a claymation puppet. This weekend, I'll go look for more of the same type of clay.
Any ideas what I should make? I was thinking of a TVangelist so I can make fun of the christians and republicans. What about that convention, eh? Those republicans are just plain nuts, if you ask me. I guess people actually do buy into all that foolish nonsense after all.
My one class today went well, just another introductory class. Each of my classes only meets once a week, so I have to go through this intro crap six times. Next week we'll get into the lessons and some fun stuff.
I'm weighing options for the next academic year already. The semester will go quickly, as they always do, and I need a plan either to stay here or take another job up in Gyeonggi Province. This university doesn't seem to care whether we stay or not; they haven't thanked us for our service, offered incentives to stay or anything.

No comments: