24 September 2008

The Price is Right

This is a bad picture I took out the window of a train, but I have seen these fields of strange crops, and I have no idea what they are.  I've never seen plants like that.  These plants have a stalk about a half-meter tall, maybe more, with a round single leaf at the end.  If anyone knows what this plant is, please tell me.  It must be something edible, or the Koreans wouldn't grow it.
In other news, my PC came home from the repair shop today.  I was at the phone office trying to find a way to get my phone repaired (the screen is broken) when the delivery guy called.  So I told him when I'd be home, and he told me it'll be 4000 won.  The phone office didn't know why the Motorola shop couldn't repair the phone, so they called, and it turns out that they don't know when they'll get any replacement LCD screens in for that model.  You'd think they'd just order one, but this is Korea, and if it's sensible, it probably won't be the 'correct' way to do things. I can receive calls on the phone, but if I miss a call, there's no way for me to know about it. Anyway, the Motorola shop told me they'd call me when a screen came in.  Hope I don't miss the call.  Those folks don't seem like the redialing type.
My classes are getting better every day.  We're playing The Price is Right all week as well as watching some YouTube snippets of the TV game show.  It's fun, and even the rebel kids who just come in and plop down in a seat are getting into the game.
 

1 comment:

Michele said...

Hello! You posted on my blog, so I checked out yours. This is where it gets weird... I work in cell phone repair. What type of phone do you have, besides Motorola... what model? I know I am in the states, and you aren't, but we may be able to get a part to you.
BTW- thanks for the compliment!
Michele (Killing TIme Blog)