17 September 2008

The Keys Errant














I was reading an article in the International Herald Tribune about the North Korean dictator's illness, and it mentioned Imjingak, which is where I was on Saturday.  So this is the closest South Koreans can get to North Korea.  I didn't know that.  The rest of the DMZ is fairly wide, about 4 klicks they say.
I lost my keys while on this trip.  When I left town, they were in my bag, because I remember tossing them in there in the office.  Anyway, the liaison in the departmental office let me in my office yesterday, and he said he'd get a key made for me (for 2000 won).  So today he still hadn't got a key for me.  I was in no mood for bullshit games, so I took matters into my own hands and borrowed a key from the security desk, went to a key shop, and voila!  I have two copies of my office key now.  I had a spare key for my bicycle lock, so that's all right for now, though having only one key won't do in the long run.  The memory stick that was on my lost key ring didn't have anything important or embarrassing on it.  I'll just get a new one.  We'll see if Joel finds my keyring in his car.  That's the only logical place left to look of all the places I was last weekend.  Simon said it wasn't at his place.
Can you believe the week is half over already?  That's the good and bad of working for a uni here in Korea, time marches apace.
I'm devouring the book Wolf of the Plains by Iggulden.  Very good book; I highly recommend it.

No comments: