21 September 2008

Poor Baby Went Boom

This is my PC in the shop.  Before the Mac crowd starts nodding and getting that superior look on their faces, this was a hardware malfunction, not software.  The guy checked my storage hard drive, and it's OK, but the main drive is broken.  Samsung isn't open on weekends, so he can't get a replacement hard drive until Monday.  The guy will ship me back my computer on Tuesday.  That's something I like about Korea.  You don't have to run around to stores, you can have things picked up and delivered for pennies.
While I was at the electronics market, I decided to look around at laptops.  I'd like to have a portable computer to carry back and forth to work, traveling, and so forth.  Since Macs can run Windows, I might consider the MacBook and install Windows on it.  The only drawback is, you can't share Windows between two computers.  Microsoft requires you buy a separate copy of Windows for both of your computers.  That really isn't fair.  You should be allowed to install it on two computers and that be the cut-off on what you can register.  A lot of people have a desktop and a laptop, and Windows is damn expensive to have to buy two copies when really your laptop is just a portable extension of your desktop.  That's my take on it, though, and what do I know?  I'm not smart or rich like those guys.

  

No comments: