27 October 2008

Weekend of Wonder















This is me and the other "Ambassadors" at the KOTESOL conference on Saturday.  We were volunteers to help conference-goers and presenters get around, find things, and so forth.  It was fun.
The KOTESOL weekend was exhausting, though.  Since I needed to have a coat and tie outfit, I had this bag I needed to carry around with a change of clothes and some stuff I wanted to work on from the university plus some things I bought at the mall. It became a burden after a while. The hotel couldn't give me a room for two nights, so the next day I lugged this heavy bag around all over Seoul trying to find a place to stay the second night.  Ended up at a crappy motel near Seoul Station.  Saturday night I went to Gavin Farrell's place for a soiree.  We hadn't seen each other in probably ten years.  He was teaching in a high school in Ansan when I lived there "back in the day."  His mum and stepdad were over visiting, and they're from Windsor, so they're practically Michiganians! (But I didn't hold that against them)
Sunday morning I was sick (with green puke! yuck!) and just wanted to go home... so I did.  Simon is probably a little miffed that I took off without telling him, but my phone was dead, and I have no idea what his phone number is without the phone working.  I haven't heard from Joel for a long time now.  He updates his blog, so at least he's still among the living! heh heh  I'll try to make a trip just to Ansan sometime.  I can't really handle doing several things all in one weekend.  I don't care for running around and going out a lot.

No comments: