05 October 2008

Fresh is Best

This is me and Ted and Yunjeong at the butcher shop samgyeopsal restaurant last night.  You know the meat's fresh when you can watch the guy hacking it up for you when you order!  I had a nice evening with them; we chatted and caught up on stuff, ate samgyeopsal (pork with veggies), went to a late movie (Hellboy), then back to their place for more chatting and a really comfie bed in their living room.  The living room is the former serving area for La Cantina, which is unfortunately defunct right now.  Maybe a resurrection sometime(?)  We can always hope.  A little after 10:30 this morning, I got tired of waiting for those two to get up, so I left a note and took off for Seoul.  My intention was to get a camera that works with iMovie, then go to COEX Mall for a late lunch and shopping.  The former worked out, but the iPark Mall (where I got the camera) is loaded with shops and restaurants and all that, so I figured I didn't need to go to COEX. Got another book by Conn Iggulden to read on the train. Lunch wasn't at the mall; I went to Seoul Station and had a steak with mashed potatoes at Bennigans.  Outside there was a rally (protest?) regarding something about housing.  It was pretty darn noisy, but probably a worthwhile event.
Here's a picture of my camcorder that I have tested, and it does work with iMovie.  Everybody online said that all MiniDV camcorders with firewire will work with a Mac, so it really wasn't a big gamble.  This is a Canon ZR800.


Tomorrow I'll make a video with it, edit it in iMovie, and upload it to YouTube.  Also have to finish my lesson plan for this coming week. 



No comments: