14 October 2008

Ferris Wheel's Day Off

A few days ago while I was over at the bank paying bills, I came across this incident.  Apparently the man hit the back of the woman's car, and she was trying to get him to do something about it.  He kept pulling the door toward him, but she was having none of that and kept yanking it back open.  I wish I could've gotten the camera on a video setting, but the light changed and everybody wanted to get going.  Anyway, good for her!  Even if it was only minor, he still should be polite and deal with it.
The other day I went to Ulsan to see our co-worker who was in a car accident.  She had surgery Monday, but I haven't heard how it went.  Debating whether to make banana oatmeal muffins or or just banana bread.  The muffins are pretty good, though.  I was rather surprised at how much I liked Ulsan.  It isn't huge, but it's got a big E-Mart and they say there's a HomePlus, too.  There's a Bennigans, Outback, Starbucks... the stuff that helps you feel normal here, even if you don't go to those places often.  The express bus terminal has a humongous Ferris wheel on the roof!  I have pictures, but my camera is in the office.  I'll post something tomorrow to show you.  It's huge, and it's very tall, so I won't be going up in it (vertigo or acrophobia, whatever it is, I hate heights).  The seats are inside little compartments, so you're not just hanging there, but still, it's high and rotates very slowly.
I made a stop-motion video yessterday, well, two really, but nothing to post.  I used little toy cars and had a race around an oval track.  It was very fun to do, though.  Had to lock the cats out of the room while I was working on it, and I still haven't heard the end of their complaining about it.

No comments: