10 October 2009

The one where I was the hunter cat



I was in the pet shop today to play with the puppies and get cat litter.  This was on the box of some kind of plaything for cats.  The English is so mangled that, even after looking at the diagrams and the pieces, I still can't figure out exactly what it does or how.  Are we EFL teachers losing the war despite winning battles in the classroom?  Things like this discourage me.  


I can no longer find the Whiskas packets of cat food in Gyeongju.  I visited the usual places that have sold them in the past, but no luck in the hunt.  So, I will have to make a trip to someplace else tomorrow.  There are three choices:  Gyeongsan, Pohang, or Busan, all within an hour of here.  Good opportunity to test the motorcycle I bought from Todd (through John).  The steering seems a little wobbly, but the mechanic seemed to think it was OK.  Hope he's right.  Korean drivers are not known for their attentiveness, patience, or generosity on the road, especially to bikers! LOL


Yesterday's online class in Second Life went well considering it's a completely new time for lessons.  It was a lesson designed for beginners, but there were no beginners there, so the learners that did show up let me practice doing a lesson as if to beginners.  Sweet.  


For the first time this semester, I felt glad to see a week come and go! LOL I don't know why it was such a tough week for me.  Friday evening's class was ROTC cadets; they had just finished a long day of some athletic event, and they were literally falling asleep in their chairs.  We did a stand up activity, but that didn't help much.  The boys were simply exhausted.  Watching them nod off made me sleepy, too, and last night I slept the sleep of the just. 








No comments: