18 August 2008

The Keypad to the Kingdom

After Korean class today, I took a quick spin by the eyeglass shop. My metal frame glasses bothered me, so I wanted some plastic frames. Anyway, my prescription hasn't changed in five years, remarkably enough. I have noticed, though, that I must remove my glasses to read a book nowadays. This picture is the eye shop guy making my glasses. When I asked him how long it'd take, he said ten minutes! Never heard of 10-minute lenses, but there they were, and they work beautifully. When my camera battery is done recharging, I'll put a picture of me in my new glasses in my livevideo picture folder.
Also had to take my Motorola cell phone to the shop again. He told me to come back at 5 o'clock, and sure enough, it was done, but the keypad looks like I've used it for years! Really ugly and messed up, but the numbers all work, at least. Started raining while I was on my bike to the shop. Koreans seem to drive even worse than usual when the weather's bad.

No comments: