15 August 2008

Goats and Cream

I've been going out to HomePlus now almost every day lately to check on the cream issue. A while back, I noticed that HomePlus, a large supermarket chain associated with the British Tesco corporation, didn't have any cream anymore. Ever since I came here in March, they've sold cream... until now. I'm talking about regular, normal cream you might put in your tea or coffee. So I asked the dairy manager lady about it, and she said they didn't have cream (which I already knew) and she didn't know when they'd get any. Manager of the dairy department? Yes. Over the course of the last two weeks, I've been out to the store a lot and talked to a lot of HomePlus folks about there being no cream. Then I noticed they started selling goat's milk. WTF? I have lived in Korea over 11 years. They do not have a history of drinking goat's milk. In fact, this is the first time I have seen it in Korea. But the cream? Probably won't be stocked ever again, because they stocked too much for the small (but regular) demand for it. They could've just reduced the amount they stocked instead of canceling the product altogether. Bastardos. I'm sure that goat's milk is going to just fly off the shelves, eh? Right.
It rained last night and then again this afternoon. Tonight I went and dug up some grass for the cats and put it in a small planter here in the living room. I think Pepper is sick.
Thinking about going to Seoul this weekend. My phone keypad is broken. The buttons for 7,8,9 don't function, so I can't call anybody up that a way, and I can't send text messages either. This is the second major problem with my Motorola since I bought it a couple months ago. Won't be getting a Motorola again, that's a fact. Wish I hadn't given up my old cell phone. It was big and clumsy, but it worked a lot better than this one.

No comments: