17 February 2010

The one where I see about my external hard drive

Possibly our first spring day yesterday, the homeless in Daegu were out enjoying the moderate weather and playing a traditional Korean card game.
 

Nearby the TV network MBC was setting up for some outdoor show.  At their truck they were charging up some hand-held cameras, so my guess is they planned to wander around talking to the people on the street.  Either that or one of their stupid gag shows.  God, those are tiring to watch.



At the Apple dealers in Daegu, the fix-it guy hooked up my external hard drive to his computer, and, of course, it worked just fine.  It was rather embarrassing, and the Apple clerks smiled the smile of "what a dope" in my direction, but at home, the drive will not show up on my system.  So there's something wrong with something else.  More tinkering, but I fear another trip to the dealer's will have to take place.  Fortunately, I have a Mac Mini, so I can just slip the computer in my pocket for the trip.

Though I had taken a morning bus to Daegu to take advantage of the more liberal bus schedules, I wanted to enjoy riding the leisurely train home, so for the return trip I went to Dong Daegu train station.  It was a mad house and there were no seats back to Gyeongju, only standing tickets.  Apparently the New Years holiday travel spilled over into a fourth day for a lot of folks.  However, good old reliable Geumho Bus Lines across the street had plenty of room for me.

UPDATE.....

I removed the outer shell around the external hard drive, and now it works... a little.  It won't stay connected long, but at least it works a little as long as it's out of its shell.  If anyone can tell me why, I'd be very interested!

No comments: