19 February 2010

The one where I am a little cynical

Today I took the bike out for the first time in a long time, but had to push start it, of course. It's cold. Over at the university the workers were still doing their thing.  This guy was scrapping the only good desks we had in our classrooms.  If they do the typical Korean thing, they'll toss these and keep those clunkers that are too big and bulky for the room and the huge chairs that don't fit under them with two students per desk (makes exams fun to proctor).
Oh, don't be so cynical!  They might just buy proper desks that are useful for English conversation classrooms....
ROTFLMAO!  Sorry, couldn't keep a straight face with that one.  I don't gamble, but when it comes to Korean behavior, you can't lose betting on them doing the opposite of what they ought to do.  Guaranteed win.

I have the skeleton and even some sinews attached for my spring Second Life conversation course.  Today I got a website up for the course and posted several how-to videos for the learners.  Hard work, but honest work.

No comments: