14 September 2009

We know what this means: festival week.  Every Korean university has a "festival" every semester, and it is always at some time during the course of regular classes.  Students often expect to be excused for festival if they are working their group's booth, but unfortunately they are not excused from my classes.   With the swine flu, you'd think festival would've been canceled, but the flu apparently is something to sneeze at.

My ROTC class was rather small on Friday as several cadets had to be tested for the swine flu.  It seems that some cadets actually have it, but I'm not completely sure that is accurate.  This morning I went in to the university to work on lesson plans, and there seemed to be more people walking around with face masks on than usual.

I'm teaching tonight online.  The lesson is 'humor in English'.  I've done this before, but I'm going to introduce puns and oxymorons to them this time.  A lot of the jokes are along the lines of "goes into a bar" type stuff.  Here's an example:

<< A dyslexic man walks into a ___. >>

What would you put in the space that might be funny?

Any answer would be good use of language skills, but only one answer fits the sentence humorously.

Tomorrow I'm observing a co-worker's class in the morning.  We have to observe and report on three separate co-workers throughout the semester.  Isn't that so Orwellian? LOL  Big Brother will reward me.

 

No comments: