31 August 2009

The one where I get chastized by a young lady.

The little sign reads, "Disinfect basket, please."  I didn't do mine, since what good would it do in the long run while I'm inside the store.  I'll be touching things while shopping.  Anyway, I got this picture at a price.  Korean stores get hysterical about anyone taking pictures in them, so after snapping the shot, I had to stop and listen to a lecture from a HomePlus employee about not taking pictures in the store.  There are two ways a foreigner can react that won't cause trouble.  We can play dumb and pretend not to understand what's going on, or we can apologize profusely with a fake reddening of the cheeks and a couple serious bows and saying, "I'm sorry," in the most humble manner.  Naturally, I chose the former, because I wasn't really sorry for taking the photo.  Why be too hypocritical?  LOL  Anyway, let the world know that HomePlus/Tesco is doing its part to stop the spread of swine flu!

At work today, I organized a little for this week's classes.  It's a light week considering it's the first week, and a drop-add week, but I want the students to have something to do in class all the same.  My higher level classes will get their introduction to Second Life this week, because part of their participation grade will come from Second Life activities.  I'm toying with the idea of allowing them to have a one-time unexcused absence that can be made up by attending an extra event in Second Life.  Naturally, I can't have them absent regularly and making it up in Second Life, but once seems like a fair way to handle it.  I hope that one day the university will authorize an entire course called Virtual English or something where I can have a real class of 20 students or so that meet only online in Second Life.  That's feasible; lots of universities have Second Life classes.  Am I dreaming?  Yes, but realities often begin with dreams.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So you are a fan of friends?!