27 August 2009

The one where I wondered

Yesterday while I was hiking on some trails I've never been on before, I came across this. No idea what it is, but now I have you to share my perplexity!


I tried to upload a video response to my friend Simon's hagwon video which I thought was cute, and I kept getting this message:

본인확인제로 인해 한국 국가 설정시 동영상/댓글 업로드 기능을 자발적으로 비활성화합니다.
We have voluntarily disabled this functionality on kr.youtube.com because of the Korean real-name verification law.


So, what this is all about, I have no idea! It's probably a good idea on one level, but like all Korean good ideas, they implement them so badly they end up pissing everyone off in the end.


Sorry, Simon! You'll never know the nice things I said about your students! LOL


At the infirmary on campus today, they took my temperature, 37°, which is normal. Then they stuck a long cotton swab up my right nostril about 2 inches or so to get a sample to test for Swine Flu. Even though anyone visiting my house might conclude that I do indeed suffer from a form of pig disease, I can assure you, it is not the flu. It is just pigstyitis.

No comments: