08 August 2009

The one where I went to the Road Bar

Brett and I went out trying to find something to do a couple days ago, and we came across this sign.  Try to guess what the sign means.  I'll tell you at the bottom of this post.

After some delicious dalkgalbi, we thought we'd find a movie to watch.  I had seen Harry Potter in the States, but I wouldn't have minded seeing it again; however, the movie theater only shows it twice in the early afternoon, so we had missed it.  We ended up at the WA Bar, then we went to the Road Bar where two hostesses doted over us all evening in a modified Korean style.  Lucky me. LOL

The weather has been crappy for three days now.  Yesterday, Brett and I took a drive out to Bulguksa (Buddha Land Temple).  I've seen the place probably six times, and even though it's very old, it gets boring after six times.  I made some chicken fajita with tortillas for dinner.  Since I get up early every day, I was exhausted and left Brett to stay up and watch DVDs or whatever he did all night.  He got up at noon today (I have never in all my life been able to sleep til noon no matter what time I've gone to bed.  Just not in my nature.)  Anyway, he took off to collect his wife and kids at the family farm four hours away.  He hasn't answered my text message asking if he got there all right, so better send another.  Tomorrow I'm off to Ansan, then Monday I go to the U.S. embassy to renew my passport.  I hate going to the embassy.  It's worse, literally, than visiting an inmate in prison.  I feel so dirty and violated afterward.  I've always wondered what it would be like to come from a regular, normal country that doesn't go out of its way to piss off three quarters of the world. *sigh*

I started recording for my podcast experiment today.  I got a decent program to help me.  I want to marry my classes in Second Life to the podcasts so that learners can prepare for my class as well as do follow-up.  The podcasts will always be related to my lesson of the week.

Anyway, for the curious, the sign above probably means "We make coffee one cup at a time."  There is no way to be absolutely certain.  Why do they bother writing signage in English?  The nice answer:  It's chic.  The correct answer:  They're insane.

No comments: