26 September 2009

The One Where I Used the Word 'Bindle'


Since our Homeplus/Tesco department store is so tiny, they made room a few weeks ago by co-opting the entryway into a sales area and pushing all the lockers outside.  If you aren't aware, Korean stores often have lockers for your bags and accessories, I mean lap puppies.  So now the local Korean ladies get to stuff their lap puppies into lockers outside in the hot sun.  This little guy was really distraught, probably overheated and thirsty, but I learned a long time ago that a foreigner in Korea can lose his job if he raises a stink and it gets back to his employers somehow, so I just leave them alone and hope for the best.

I had a nice chat on the phone with B.C. up in Seoul.  They're not traveling for the Harvest Festival holiday next weekend.  With this swine flu thing, I suppose they have the right idea.  I'm planning on being in Ansan for the holiday.  Simon says they have plenty of room for me.  Not sure if I should get the half-ton of honey or the quarter ton of ginseng gift boxes.   I can wrap whatever I get in a large kerchief and carry it like a bindle... well, then it actually would be a bindle, I suppose! LOL


I had intended to go into the uni to my office today to get some work done.  I'm behind sending out pats on the back for this past week's classes.  Friday's classes haven't gotten their kudos from me yet!  Plus, I try to look at the homework and let them know the major problems I see in it.  The ROTC lesson yesterday never materialized, because while I was taking roll, I asked them what their weekend plans were, and then I used what they said as a basis to demonstrate better ways to say those things, and that pretty much became the lesson.  We don't have class next week due to Harvest Festival, but I gave them U.S. military ranks to memorize, because we're going to play Army and talk about how to address officers and give commands, etc. when we meet again.  Yes, Sergeant Major!

No comments: