16 July 2009

The one where I visited Beverly again

I went to see my cousin Beverly again today at the nursing home. We watched an episode of The Golden Girls.  She seemed happy for the company, and I got a nursing attendant to take our picture.  So I ran down to the Rose City drugstore where the photo shop lady helped me print out a hard copy which I put in a frame.  Then I ran back up to the home to give the picture to Beverly.  She was on her daily oxygen.  I brought her and the nursing staff a couple bags of doughnuts and some fig newtons, too.  I hope to visit her a couple more times before I have to go back to Korea.
I did a once-over at Wal-Mart for some things I need to take back to Korea:  bed sheets, a humongous towel, a couple card games, a board game, and a couple cheap bags for the trip back... other sundries, too.
One thing I'm finding nice but different from Korea is that TV shows start exactly on the hour or half-hour!  However, they cram scads of ads in every 4 or 5 minutes, so watching American TV isn't very relaxing.  I endure one show (NCIS) but that's about as much as I can tolerate of TV in America!
The Downtown Café lunch special today was grilled turkey on rye with chips french fries-- not very good ones, but OK.  There was a painting on the café wall by my mother's old friend Naomi Bunting, but the waitress had no idea whether Naomi is still alive or not.  I might try to find out tomorrow.  Tomorrow is a motocross at the high school, so I'm going to go out there to watch that.  Should be fun.  I did stop to look at the high school.  The sports field is all shiny and new-looking, but the rest of the facilities I saw were the same as when I went to school there, though somewhat dumpy and dingy.

No comments: