15 July 2009

The one where I go to Rose City

Yesterday, I decided to go see my cousin Beverly in the nursing home in Rose City then head out to a sports shop in the north woods to get a motorcycle helmet.  The car was low on fuel, so I stopped at the gas station.  Here's the fuel pump in Rose City.  I used the 89 octane button, and that's where that speaker device is located, and I'm not sure if that speaker would have started up had I chosen a different button, but be that as it may, as soon as I pushed the 89 octane button, that speaker started blaring out an advertisement designed such that it sounded like a radio station broadcast... anyway, I nearly dropped the fuel nozzle when it began as it startled the bejesus out of me.  I caught Beverly at the tail end of her breakfast, so I chatted with her and the ladies at her table before wheeling her down to her room.  We had a nice talk about dad's side of the family.  There are pictures on her wall of people I'm supposed to know, I think, but I don't.  At the sports shop, the lady helped me choose a nice helmet, and we chatted about the economy and teaching English in Korea.  Their store is in the country outside Mio.  I made a video of my trip out there.  There is so much empty land between towns in Michigan!  Stopped in to see Bette and Jack after all that.  They're having a time selling that motorhome.  Bette made brownies... really fudgey ones! Mmm.   Today, I'm off to see Bev again, and I'm taking my new helmet to show her, then we'll take a picture.  At the drugstore, you can get prints of pictures off your digital camera, so I'll get a print for her and put it in a frame.  They say it might rain this afternoon.  I'm hoping to see a thunderstorm before I have to go back to Korea.  I miss those.

No comments: