08 June 2009

The one where I avoided the dentist again

There you see in my shopping trolley, about $200 worth of stuff. Some underwear, some chicken brats, buns, Splenda, peanut butter, and a block of cheese. The underwear was the most expensive, but Costco is the only place I can get underwear that fits me. Korean stores only sell underwear for small people.
A second tooth broke last Friday, but I've been avoiding the dentist since then, because 1) it's embarrassing that two teeth break nearly back to back, and 2) the last dental work hurt like hell, and I want to avoid going through that again for as long as possible. I suppose Wednesday is a good day to go.
I compiled my final exam today. In the morning, I'll photocopy the two versions then set up for the interview exams I have to do this week and next. Why two versions of the exam? Because the students sit side by side; there is no room to separate them. So if they copy, they'll definitely get the wrong answer. It's better to guess than to copy in this case.
Tonight I teach in Second Life. The theme is Crime and Punishment. After the lesson, I'm taking them to a virtual prison to see a courtroom (the prison lock-up part is only open to role-players, not visitors). Then we're going to a CSI sim.

No comments: