13 April 2008

Saying Farewell

Last night a bunch of Yeungnam and former Yeungnam folks gathered to say goodbye to our friend Frank. In the picture you can see, left to right, Brent, George (who saw Frank die), Eddie, and half of Sarah. Frank's wife came up from the Philippines along with Frank's son from a former marriage. She is understandably in shock, but Jack and Martin, two of Frank's buddies, are taking care of her.
When Martin walked up to shake my hand, I was a little shocked myself, because he resembles Frank so much. I had to apologize for spacing out when he introduced himself.
The weather was cold yesterday, but today it is quite nice.
This morning in E-Mart I tried to make a video of all the strange stuff in a Korean supermarket and basically show everybody back home what a Korean supermarket is like, but they told me to stop taking video. Korea has these grandiose plans of being a tourist destination, but it will never happen as long as they remain paranoid of foreigners. You can't be camera shy and a tourist destination!

No comments: