11 April 2008

Mountain Day

I was playing with the camera and took a bunch
of crazy pictures....


As some know, Korea has a female astronaut up at the International Space Station now. She took some Korean food up with her, and if you'd like to read about it, go here. Apparently she took only good stuff; I haven't read about any of the gross stuff they eat.


Because Deborah wants me to help get information for her brother who's coming to work at Korean Aerospace Industries for 15 months, I sent a couple faxes off trying to see what the housing arrangements might be. No word back yet. I think the company would just give them an apartment since it's for less than two years. I explained the deposit and rent system and the cheonse here. I'm so used to it that I forget it seems bizarre to others.


Took a bicycle ride today in lieu of the mountain day hiking. They said it'd be crowded, and I just couldn't bring myself to go to something like that. It was sunny and warm, though, and the bike ride was pleasant. Made a video rant and posted it at my LiveVideo site. I'll make sure to do a video with positive stuff next time... might be shorter, though. heh heh


Got a letter out to Jim in prison. He sent me a gazillion recipes from the Sunday papers he reads there. Most of the stuff I can't make in Korea because they just don't have the ingredients for Western food. However, there was a beef taco skillet thing that I can make. Might try that tomorrow.

No comments: