16 April 2008

Rain

This morning I discovered I was out of cream for my tea, so I threw some pants on and zipped out to HomePlus. It's amazing that they were open at 7:45 AM! Even more amazing, the McDonald's "24-hour" sign was not lying... well, I can't say that, but they were open at 7:45, and I did get a sausage egg McMuffin. I went in to McD's and saw a couple breakfast sandwiches in the rack, and I didn't want to wait for them to make a special sandwich, so I just asked what those were. She told me, and I said give me that one, and honestly, she went in the back and made me a fresh sandwich anyway! I wanted to be angry about it, but I couldn't. There were some park benches in a tiny garden-like area between HomePlus and McD's, so that's where I ate breakfast... then it started to rain, and it hasn't stopped all day. Uploaded a couple videos to my LiveVideo site, and a few photos, too. Haven't been able to get any candid shots around town. The last couple weekends I've been going to Gyeongsan, but this weekend, I will definitely stay around Gyeongju and get some photos and maybe make another video. I might post that E-Mart one I made on the Sony CyberShot even though the manager made me stop videoing. There's still enough footage to give you an idea what it's like in a Korean supermarket. This week I've been prepping the students for the midterm exams next week. They're scared, of course, but once they realize how informal and relaxed I make my exams, they'll breathe a sigh of relief. I hate stress, and I hate to cause it in others if I can help it.

No comments: