16 July 2010

The one where I ate a reuben

This is the motorcycle I chose to buy while I was in Georgia.  I learned a lot about registering vehicles in Georgia, but I'm not upset over my mistakes with it all.  Mistakes are honorable teachers and I respect them. As you might know, if I do not learn something constructive on vacation, it's a wasted vacation as far as I'm concerned.  However, the bike is registerd in the state of Michigan now, or at least it's in the process of getting registered there.  Next week it is being shipped to my hometown of West Branch where I will meet up with it and ride it around showing it off (it's a handsome ride) before storing it carefully for next time.

I enjoyed lunch today with Ryan, the guy I bought the motorcycle from.  We signed the bill of sale and had it notarized at a UPS store in Marietta and ate Reuben sandwiches at the Marietta diner before he had to go.  I am really glad fate introduced me to him.  He's a good man.  The Marietta Diner isn't a little Ma & Pa joint, but it's a diner, of sorts, and I got to sit at the counter, so it was just fine by me!








Joan got a job doing the windows for Sufi's, a restaurant which is scheduled to open this autumn in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.  I got a shot of her doing some measurements there before she left for a week's vacation in Napa Valley.

Things have not been going as planned this vacation, but I have enjoyed the rest and relaxation available.  My plans to go to Greensboro did not materialize, so I'm a little at sea about how to fill this weekend. The Waffle House museum will be open to the public this Saturday, and that is a definite MUST SEE!  (I really like diners, if you didn't know that before.)  Hey!  That's what I can do!  I can go around trying out diners around Atlanta!  To the Yellow Pages!

No comments: