05 March 2010

The one where I said goodbye to the Daystar

Some sadness in my life:  I sold my little 125cc Daelim Daystar to one of the new teachers.  It was a great first bike, but she's the new teacher's first motorbike now.  It was silly to keep her under a tarp all the time, so selling her was the best thing for us both.  This is my last picture of her at her new home.  It's a covered car park, so she's in a better location now to keep out of the rain and snow. 


Last Photo



I met one of my Second Life classes in real life last evening.  Most of them seemed quite excited about getting started.  One learner demonstrated how to sign up for an account and download the viewer while I supervised, the class observing on the overhead computer screen projector. They "oohed and ahhed" at all the stuff you can make your avatar do.  :)  Monday morning at 9 I meet the other Second Life class in person and do the same intro.  This whole thing was giving me stress, but after seeing the first class's positive reaction to Second Life, I think we'll end up having a lot of fun.









No comments: