07 November 2010

The one with the battery

 For about a month I've been having to push start my motorcycle.  At work, parking on a hill helps, but at home, on level terrain, well, let's just say I left out a note to my loved ones every morning in case I had a heart attack trying to start my bike.  However, yesterday was free and I went in to have the oil changed and the battery looked at.  And he said I needed a new battery, but since he had just put one in last March, he didn't charge me for the new battery.

I was fascinated to see the process of preparing a battery and installing it in the bike.  They take this package of liquid, unseal it, and stick it in the holes in the case.  (Rob tells me over my shoulder that it is distilled water.)  Then they hook it up to an electrical current to charge it, and it goes under the seat.  What you can't learn by observing, eh?

Today for lunch, I whipped up some meat pies since Rob was up visiting from Busan and I try to have something Western when he visits.
It actually tastes pretty good, if I do say so myself... and I do.

No comments: