07 June 2010

The one where I still can't have nice things

I certainly do live up to the Raymond Family motto: "Cur non possumus bona habere?"*


I was getting on my motorcycle this morning when I just happened to see Pepper not only outside, but sneaking in between our building and the one next door! (The cats are not allowed outside unsupervised.)  At first, I couldn't believe it was him, because I have a sliding glass door that separates the entryway from the rest of the house, and I distinctly remember closing it.  He must have been hiding in the entryway behind boots or something and sneaked out when I went outside to go to work.  So, I tried to sneak up on him to grab his tail but he took off just as I was closing my hand around his tail.  I instinctively lurched forward, smashing the helmet I was wearing into the corner of the building.  I would have rather gotten a black eye, though, because black eyes go away.  This helmet is barely ten days old, and already it's marred.


Anyway, Pepper didn't go far, and he came to me when I started talking to him.  Crisis averted.








*"Why can't we have nice things?"   Thanks to the YouTuber "tenneral" for helping me with the Latin!

No comments: